These guidelines are Fandrum’s acceptable use policy which is created to encourage the use of Fandrum’s application safely, so if you find content that should not be on Fandrum, please report it to us. We use your reports to learn and evolve our standards and work with subject matter experts to inform and update our guidelines.
These Guidelines apply to all content on Fandrum and its users equally. In certain cases, Fandrum does not act against content when it is newsworthy and relates to a matter of political, social, or other general concern to our community — if that newsworthy content is factual.
Fandrum has done its best to set out specific rules for what content we allow on its application. However, it is difficult to anticipate every situation that might come up. The key is the spirit of these rules: Fandrum wants its application to be a safe and positive experience for everyone. Fandrum reserves the right to decide, in its sole discretion, what content violates that spirit and will not be permitted on its application.
Fandrum does not promote antagonistic, explicit, false or misleading, harmful, hateful or violent content or behavior. We may remove, limit, or block the distribution of such content and the accounts, individuals, groups and domains that create or spread it based on how much harm it poses.
If you have questions or encounter problems on Fandrum, kindly contact us.
Fandrum is not a place for pornography. We limit the distribution of or remove mature and explicit content, including:
- Fetish imagery
- Vivid sexual descriptions
- Graphic depictions of sexual activity
- Images of nudity where the poses, camera angles, or props suggest pornographic intent
We do our best to differentiate between pornography and other mature content. For example, you can save content about sexual health, breastfeeding, mastectomies, art, education, and well-being with adult nudity given the non-pornographic context, but we may limit its distribution so that people do not run into it accidentally.
Fandrum is not a place for exploitation of people or animals. We will remove or limit the distribution of content and accounts involved in practices that risk harm to people or animals, including sexual, physical, or financial exploitation. That includes:
- Sexualization or sexual exploitation of minors, like grooming, sexual remarks or inappropriate imagery. If we find it, we will report it to relevant authorities.
- Non-consensual images, meaning images of a private or sexual nature obtained or published without consent. This includes revenge porn and upskirt images.
- Adult sexual services that may involve sexual or physical exploitation or trafficking, like sex cams and escort services.
- Human trafficking, slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labor.
- Other illegal commercial exploitation, like trading in organs or products made from human remains or body parts.
- The sale of wild animals or protected and endangered wildlife.
- Corpses, animal parts or products derived from cat or dog parts, or protected and endangered wildlife, including ivory.
- Irresponsible and harmful animal tourism or otherwise exploitative practices like organized animal fighting.
Fandrum does not promote hateful content or the people and groups that promote hateful activities. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including:
- Slurs or negative stereotypes, caricatures and generalizations.
- Support for hate groups and people promoting hateful activities, prejudice and conspiracy theories.
- Condoning or trivializing violence because of a victim’s membership in a vulnerable or protected group.
- Support for limiting women’s rights and other discriminatory ideas.
- Hate-based conspiracy theories and misinformation.
- Denial of an individual’s gender identity or sexual orientation, and support for conversion therapy and related programs.
- Attacks on individuals including public figures based on their membership in a vulnerable or protected group.
- Mocking or attacking the beliefs, sacred symbols, movements, or institutions of the protected or vulnerable groups identified below:
Protected and vulnerable groups include but not limited to: People grouped together based on their actual or perceived race, colour, caste, ethnicity, immigration status, national origin, religion or faith, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition. It also includes people who are grouped together based on lower socio-economic status, age, weight or size, pregnancy or veteran status.
Fandrum is not a place for misinformation, disinformation, mal-information or the individuals or groups spreading or creating it. We remove or limit the distribution of false or misleading content that may harm users or the public’s well-being, safety or trust, including:
- Medically unsupported health claims that risk public health and safety, including the promotion of false cures, anti-vaccination advice or misinformation about public health or safety emergencies.
- False or misleading content about individuals or protected groups that promotes fear, hate or prejudice.
- False or misleading content that encourages turning individuals, groups of people, places or organizations into targets of harassment or physical violence.
- Conspiracy theories.
- Content that originates from disinformation campaigns.
- Factual information that’s published or deliberately modified to erode trust or inflict harm, such as changing or omitting of context, date or time.
- Fabricated or meaningfully manipulated visual or audio content that erodes trust or causes harm.
Civic Participation Misinformation:
- False or misleading content that impedes an election’s integrity or an individual’s or group’s civic participation, including registering to vote, voting and being counted in a census.
- False or misleading information about the dates, times, locations and procedure for voting or census participation.
- Content that misleads voters about how to correctly fill out and submit a ballot, including a mail-in ballot, or census form.
- False or misleading information about who can vote or participate in the census and what information must be provided to participate.
- False or misleading statements about who is collecting information and/or how it will be used.
- False or misleading information about public safety that is intended to deter people from exercising their right to vote or participate in a census.
- Content that encourages or instructs voters or participants to misrepresent themselves or illegally participate.
- Content intended to delegitimize election results based on false or misleading claims.
- Threats against voting locations, census or voting personnel, voters or census participants, including intimidation of vulnerable or protected group voters or participants.
Harassment and Criticism
Fandrum does not support insult, hurt or antagonize individuals or groups of people. There are good reasons to express criticism, but we may limit the distribution of or remove insulting content to keep Fandrum a positive, inspiring place; this includes:
- Manipulated images intended to degrade or shame.
- Shaming people for their bodies or assumed sexual or romantic history.
- Sexual remarks about people’s bodies and solicitations or offers of sexual acts.
- Criticisms involving name-calling, profanity and other insulting language or imagery.
- Mocking someone for experiencing sadness, grief, loss or outrage.
Fandrum does not allow content that reveals personal or sensitive information. We remove:
- Personal ID and passport information
- Private contact information and addresses
- Online login information (usernames and passwords)
- Photos of private people that they don’t want posted online
- Personal financial or medical history
If you come across unwanted photos of or information about you, you can reach out to us.
Self-injury and Harmful Behaviour
Fandrum does not allow content that displays, rationalizes or encourages suicide, self-injury, eating disorders or substance abuse. We’ll limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
- Self-harm instructions
- Suicidal thinking and quotes
- Graphic or otherwise triggering imagery or descriptions of self-harm
- Promotion of self-harm
- Mocking of people who self-harm or who have attempted or died by suicide
- Images of accessories used to self-harm
- Negative self-talk and insensitive humor about self-harming behavior
- Suicide pacts, challenges and hoaxes
Graphic Violence and Threats
Fandrum does not support graphic violence or threatening language. We limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
- Content that shows the use of violence
- Disturbing scenes from before or after violent events
- Threats or language that glorifies violence
In a few cases, we allow the saving of disturbing images dedicated to remembrance and advocacy but limit distribution of such content in public parts of the platform.
Fandrum does not promote violent content, groups or individuals. We limit the distribution of or remove content and accounts that encourage, praise, promote or provide aid to dangerous actors or groups and their activities. This includes:
- Terrorist organizations
- Gangs and other criminal organizations
We work with industry, government and security experts to help us identify these groups.
Dangerous Goods and Activities
Fandrum does not promote trading or selling of certain regulated goods—products or substances that can cause harm when used, altered or manufactured irresponsibly—or for the display or encouragement of dangerous activities. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including:
- Individuals and unlicensed retailers offering to sell, purchase or trade alcohol, tobacco, drugs and weapons, including firearms and accessories, firearm parts or attachments or ammunition.
- Content from or about unverified, unapproved or rogue online pharmacies.
- Offers, attempts, or instructions to bypass purchasing laws and regulation.
- Instructions for creating lethal or toxic substances.
- Instructions for creating lethal weapons, like bombs or grenades, including 3d printed weapons.
- Commercial sales of certain weapons and attachments.
- Harmful pranks or challenges that risk imminent physical harm or extreme emotional distress, especially if showing or encouraging the participation of minors.
Harmful or Deceptive Products and Practices
Fandrum does not promote products that may be harmful or deceptive. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including, but not limited to:
- Instructions and products for hacking or breaching security measures
- Online gambling and lotteries
- Counterfeit documents
- Privacy violating products or services
- Exploitative financial practices
Fandrum does not allow accounts that impersonate or misrepresent their affiliation with any person or organization. If you have a fan or commentary account for a public figure or brand, make it clear through your username or Fandrum profile that you are not officially affiliated with them.
All our Community Guidelines apply in comments posted on Fandrum Application. In addition, comments should be relevant. We may remove comments that violate our guidelines, including those that contain:
- Irrelevant or non-purposeful material
- Sexually explicit content
- Self-harm content
- Hateful activities
- Harassment or privacy violations
- Copyright or trademark infringement
Intellectual Property and Other Rights
To respect the rights of people on and off Fandrum, please:
- Do not infringe anyone’s intellectual property, privacy or other rights.
- Do not do anything or post any content that violates laws or regulations.
- Do not use Fandrum’s name, logo or trademark in a way that confuses people.
Site Security and Access
To protect the Fandrum Application, we ask that you please:
- Do not access, use or tamper with our systems or our technical providers’ systems.
- Do not break or circumvent our security measures or test the vulnerability of our systems or networks.
- Do not use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change any part of the Application.
- Do not try to reverse engineer our software.
- Do not try to interfere with people on Fandrum or our hosts or networks, like sending a virus, overloading, spamming or mail-bombing.
- Do not collect or store personally identifiable information from Fandrum or people on Fandrum without permission.
- Do not share your password, let anyone access your account or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Do not attempt to buy or sell access to your account, boards, or usernames, or otherwise transfer account features for compensation.